Purchase of badges or similar items via our On-line shop
Full payment including any postage costs is due when the order is placed. An automated email will
confirm the order has been accepted. Once the order has been placed it cannot be cancelled or amended.
The event information will show the full cost of the event and will state whether payment in full is
required at time of booking or whether a specified deposit is required at time of booking. If a specified
deposit is required then the final date for payment of the outstanding balance will also be shown.
An automated email will confirm your booking has been accepted.
The booking may be subsequently cancelled by the participant. The following conditions apply to
• A booking for an event organised by us may be cancelled but we require written notice of
cancellation to be sent to the named contact, which can either be delivered by hand or posted
to the named contact, or by email to the named contact. Please note: If you post notice of
cancellation, you are advised to retain details of posting in case the letter is not delivered.
• You should include any reference given on the automated email confirmation in your notice of
• The details of the event will specify whether the full fee is payable on booking the event or
whether a deposit will secure a place with the balance to be paid by a specified date.
• If full payment is required at the time of booking this is a non-returnable fee and no refund will
be made if the booking is cancelled.
• If a deposit is required at time of booking this will always be non-refundable and will be
forfeited if the booking is cancelled by the participant. Any cancellation made less than 60 days
before the event will incur the full fee and no refund will be made. If there are exceptional
circumstances which have caused the late cancellation, part or all of the fee may be refunded
at the discretion of the County Commissioner. Please note: The County Commissioner’s decision
will be final.
• Any repayment will be made by cheque. Please advise of the cheque payee name in the notice of
Girlguiding South Yorkshire reserves the right to modify or cancel the event if unforeseen
circumstances arise. In the event of cancellation, a full refund of the event fee paid to Girlguiding
South Yorkshire will be made to participants.
Girlguiding South Yorkshire uses the Stripe payment gateway for the processing of payments made via
the County website. Payment for goods purchased or events booked via the website can only be paid for using this payment gateway. If there is an alternative method of booking and payment for an event this will be included when notification of the event is originally circulated.